Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blog Post #1

A Little About Me

Hello Everyone! My name is Courtney Cunningham Hieronymus, and I am 25 years old. I got married in March of 2011 to my precious husband Ward Hieronymus, and we have a sweet puppy named Dixie. I'm blessed with a precious family and wonderful friends. After graduating from Faith Academy, I began college at the University of Mobile. Unfortunately, school had to be put on a hold for a few years. I could not be more excited about the opportunity to get to go back to school, and I'm so happy to be at the University of South Alabama.

I love spending time with family and friends, and I love being outside, but my favorite thing to do is dance. I currently teach dance and gymnastics at Melinda Leigh Performing Arts Center. I adore my kids and I love getting to teach them what I love. I also volunteer at my church in our children's department. Working with children is my passion, and I cannot wait to get into the classroom to work with them full time.
Ward and I in Fairhope.
Time Management Video

I really enjoyed Randy Pausch's video on time management. Time management and procrastination are both things that I have struggled with in the past and have been working very hard to correct. I really like when he states, "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." I have seen the trouble that procrastination can cause, and that experience has taught me to manage my time better. He gives some great tips for time management. My favorite is to tackle the "ugliest" thing first. I had not heard of Randy before, but I will definitely consider watching more of his videos.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. We have a lot of Faith Academy alumni in EDM310 this semester. Four at least.

    You will watch Dr. Pausch's Last lecture later in the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney, we sit across from each other in class and when I looked at your photo I recognize you. We are around the same age and I too took some time off from school. We are both pursing our passion of teaching children and it's great that you get to teach you favorite passion, dance. I was thinking about helping at my church in the Sunday school department and with you saying you love it, that helps me make my decision a lot easier. I've already started to enjoy EDM310 and can't wait to make new friends.
    I am also trying to work on my procrastination. I think that every student probably is. His video made a lot of sense and will also help me manage my time wisely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelia, we definitely have a lot in common! It's funny to me how different things are for me now that I'm back in school. When I first started college, it was a fun thing that all my friends were doing. I enjoyed school, but I didn't really know what I wanted to do and I was just kind of there. This time, I have been working to get back into school for a while. I know what I want and I am very passionate about it. It is a privilege to finally have the opportunity to be back, and I'm a lot more serious about it now. I think it's great that you are thinking of helping in the Sunday school department. Some days it's hard to add another thing to my schedule, but I never regret going. I absolutely love working with the children's church and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete